About the Center
The Florida SBDC at the University of South Florida provides entrepreneurs with professional business consulting at no cost, management training, and vital information they need to grow and succeed in a complex and competitive global environment.
The FSBDC at USF maintains a full-service office in Avon Park, serving emerging and growth businesses in Highlands County. Consulting services and training are also provided at several locations throughout our service territory.
The FSBDC at USF is a member of the Florida SBDC Network, a statewide service network funded in part through cooperative agreements with the U.S. SBA, Defense Logistics Agency, State of Florida and other private and public partners; hosted by the University of West Florida; and nationally accredited by the Association of SBDCs.
Featured Area Consultant
- Areas of Consulting: Government Contracting, Minority Certification, Rural Entrepreneurship, Organization Development, Human Resources, Networking
- Education: Master’s degree, Administration and Supervision, University of Montevallo; Bachelor’s degree, Samford University
- Certifications: Rural Entrepreneurship, Preschool and Childcare Operations and Accreditations
- Areas of Consulting: Accounting, Budgets, Business and Strategic Plan Assistance, Cashflow Management Assistance, Financial Metrics, Growth Acceleration, Inventory Control, Market / Sales Growth Assistance, Professional, Operation Manager, Revenue Generation, Start-up Assistance, Web Marketing Strategy, Other: Franchises, Gas Stations,Convenience Stores, Bulk Fuel Storage,Quick Lubes, Freight Brokerage, Trucking, Route Sales, Product Buyer for Chain Stores, Food & Beverage Vending, Arcade Games, Food Service, Ice Cream Stores, Drug Free Workplace, Commercial Leases
- Education: MBA
- Certifications: Certified Marketing Executive (CME) from the Sales and Marketing Executives International (SMEI), NASBITE