About the Center
The Florida SBDC in Boca Raton is a satellite center of the Florida SBDC at Florida Atlantic University (Florida SBDC at FAU) region serving aspiring and existing small businesses in Palm Beach County with no-cost consulting, low-cost training, and access to business data and research resources. In addition to its core service offering, the Florida SBDC also offers specialized services to qualifying companies, including capital access, market growth, government contracting, international trade, business continuation, cybersecurity, disaster planning and recovery, and more.
The Florida SBDC at FAU region serves a two-county area that includes Broward and Palm Beach counties and maintains two satellite centers in addition to the main office in Fort Lauderdale. Visit sbdc.fau.edu to learn more.
The Florida SBDC at FAU is a member of the Florida SBDC Network, a statewide network of more than 40 offices from Pensacola to Key West to serve the needs of Florida’s business community. Since 1976, our network of partners has helped construct a statewide ecosystem to foster the spirit, support, and success of hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs and innovators.
Designated as “Florida’s principal provider of small business assistance,” the Florida SBDC Network is nationally accredited by the Association of America’s SBDCs and funded in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration, Defense Logistics Agency, State of Florida, and other private and public partners, with the University of West Florida serving as the network’s lead host institution.
How do I get started?
- If you are a new business, visit the New Business section of our website. If you are an existing business, visit the Existing Business section.
- You will be asked to complete an online Request for Consulting application that will be forwarded to the Florida SBDC that serves your area.
- Within three business days, you will be contacted by the Florida SBDC to get started on your path to success.
Please contact the Florida SBDC at FAU at 954.762.5235 or visit sbdc.fau.edu.
Featured Area Consultant
- Areas of Consulting: Access to Capital, Cash Flow and Business Management, Economic Development
- Education: Bachelor of Science in International Economy from Florida Atlantic University and an MPA from Texas Southern University in Houston, TX
- Certifications: Certified Economic Development Finance Professional (CEDEP), Certified Project Manager
- Areas of Consulting: Capital Access, Financial Analysis, Business Continuity
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Journalism from New York University
- Certifications: Profit Mastery
- Areas of Consulting: International Marketing, Export Assistance, Market and Data Analysis
- Education: MBA in International Business
- Certifications: Export & Trade Counseling Certification-Intermediate SBA, Export & Trade Counseling Certification-Introductory SBA, NASBITE Certified Global Business Professional, Profit Mastery , Executive Certificate in Global Marketing / Global Business Professional, Certified Professional Behavioral Analyst, Certified Professional 12 Driving Forces Analyst
- Areas of Consulting: Government Contracting Services; Women, Minority and Veteran Certification
- Education: Business Administration degree, a Master’s degree in Counseling from New York University
- Certifications: Certified Counselor Veteran Certification & Verification Program ( Department of Veteran Affairs-CVE)