About the Center
The Florida SBDC at Pinellas County Economic Development (PCED) in Clearwater is a satellite center of the Florida SBDC at the University of South Florida (Florida SBDC at USF) region serving aspiring and existing small businesses in Pinellas County with no-cost consulting, low-cost training, and access to business data and research resources. In addition to its core service offering, the Florida SBDC also offers specialized services to qualifying companies, including capital access, market growth, government contracting, international trade, business continuation, cybersecurity, disaster planning and recovery, and more.
The Florida SBDC at USF region serves a ten-county area that includes Desoto, Hardee, Hernando, Highlands, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk and Sarasota counties, and maintains several satellite centers in addition to the main office in Tampa. Visit sbdctampabay.com to learn more.
The Florida SBDC at USF is a member of the Florida SBDC Network, a statewide network of more than 40 offices from Pensacola to Key West to serve the needs of Florida’s business community. Since 1976, our network of partners has helped construct a statewide ecosystem to foster the spirit, support, and success of hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs and innovators.
Designated as “Florida’s principal provider of small business assistance,” the Florida SBDC Network is nationally accredited by the Association of America’s SBDCs and funded in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration, Defense Logistics Agency, State of Florida, and other private and public partners, with the University of West Florida serving as the network’s lead host institution.
How do I get started?
- If you are a new business, visit the New Business section of our website. If you are an existing business, visit the Existing Business section.
- You will be asked to complete an online Request for Consulting application that will be forwarded to the Florida SBDC that serves your area.
- Within three business days, you will be contacted by the Florida SBDC to get started on your path to success.
Please contact the Florida SBDC in Clearwater at 727.453.7200 or visit sbdctampabay.com.
Featured Area Consultant
Dr. Cynthia Johnson
- Areas of Consulting: Business and Strategic Plan Assistance, Compliance, Financial and Capital Access Assistance, Government Contracting / Procurement Assistance, Growth Acceleration, Market / Sales Growth Assistance, Operation Manager, Personnel and Human Resources, SBA Loans, Women and Minority
- Education: BS,EdD
- Experience: She has more than 12 years of experience in economic development and over 20 years in training and development
- Areas of Consulting: Business and Strategic Plan Assistance, Business Valuation, Cashflow Management Assistance, Financial and Capital Access Assistance, Loan Types, Market / Sales Growth Assistance, Start-up Assistance, Technology, Web Marketing Strategy, Website Planning and Development, Other: Marketing
- Education: MA
- Business Owner: •Market Reseach Consultant
- Areas of Consulting: Business and Strategic Plan Assistance, Compliance, Government Contracting / Procurement, Market / Sales Growth Assistance, Personnel and Human Resources, Start-up Assistance, Women and Minority
- Education: BA
- Experience: Yolanda served as a liaison to the business community, advocacy groups, and managed business enterprise programs for local government Federal Department of Transportation and Federal Aviation Authority capital improvement plans and construction projects. Yolanda has spent the last six years providing technical assistance, training, counseling, and business services and resources to small business owners and start-ups