About the Center
The Florida SBDC in Miami is the regional office of the Florida SBDC at Florida International University (Florida SBDC at FIU) serving aspiring and existing small businesses in Miami-Dade County with no-cost consulting, low-cost training, and access to business data and research resources. In addition to its core service offering, the Florida SBDC at FIU also offers specialized services to qualifying companies, including capital access, market growth, government contracting, international trade, business continuation, cybersecurity, disaster planning and recovery, and more. Visit sbdc.fiu.edu to learn more.
The Florida SBDC at FIU is a member of the Florida SBDC Network, a statewide network of more than 40 offices from Pensacola to Key West to serve the needs of Florida’s business community. Since 1976, our network of partners has helped construct a statewide ecosystem to foster the spirit, support, and success of hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs and innovators.
Designated as “Florida’s principal provider of small business assistance,” the Florida SBDC Network is nationally accredited by the Association of America’s SBDCs and funded in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration, Defense Logistics Agency, State of Florida, and other private and public partners, with the University of West Florida serving as the network’s lead host institution.
How do I get started?
- If you are a new business, visit the New Business section of our website. If you are an existing business, visit the Existing Business section.
- You will be asked to complete an online Request for Consulting application that will be forwarded to the Florida SBDC that serves your area.
- Within three business days, you will be contacted by the Florida SBDC to get started on your path to success.
Please contact the Florida SBDC in Miami at 305.779.9230 or visit sbdc.fiu.edu.
Featured Area Consultant
Consultant and Growth Acceleration Specialist
- Areas of Consulting: Business and Strategic Plans; Cashflow Management; Financial and Capital Access; Growth Acceleration; SBA Loans
- Education: MBA, International Business, Fairleigh Dickinson University, New Jersey; BBA, Marketing, Pace University, New York
- Experience: 13 Years of Business Ownership Experience
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Areas of Consulting: Business and Strategic Plan Assistance
- Education: BA/BA, MA
- Experience: 25 years of experience in business research and writing, having produced business content for different kinds of organizations, from large newspapers to independently owned private firm. She has written on Florida businesses and industries as a business reporter for the South Florida Business Journal, Miami Herald, Wall Street Journal and Daily Business Review.
- Areas of Consulting: Business and Strategic Plans; Business Valuation; Cashflow Management; Financial and Capital Access; Financial Metrics; Growth Acceleration; Market and Sales Growth; Start-up; Technology; Website Planning and Development
- Education: BS, Babson College
- Experience: Over 35 Years of Business Ownership Experience
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Areas of Consulting: Business and Strategic Plan Assistance, Business Valuation, Growth Acceleration, Internet Strategies, Market / Sales Growth Assistance, Operation Manager, Search Engine Optimization, Start-up Assistance, Web Marketing Strategy, Website Planning and Development
- Education: BS, MBA
- Business Owner: Consulting and Fiduciary-25 years