About the Center
The Florida SBDC at Florida Gulf Coast University provides entrepreneurs with professional business consulting at no cost, management training, and vital information they need to grow and succeed in a complex and competitive global environment.
The FSBDC at FGCU maintains a full-service office in Fort Myers, serving emerging and growth businesses in Lee County. Consulting services and training are also provided at several locations throughout our service territory.
The FSBDC at FGCU is a member of the Florida SBDC Network, a statewide service network funded in part through cooperative agreements with the U.S. SBA, Defense Logistics Agency, State of Florida and other private and public partners; hosted by the University of West Florida; and nationally accredited by the Association of SBDCs.
Featured Area Consultant
- Areas of Consulting: Accounting, Budgets, Business and Strategic Plan Assistance, Business Valuation, Cashflow Management Assistance, Cost Control, Financial and Capital Access Assistance, Financial Metrics, Growth Acceleration, Internet Strategies, Inventory Control, Loan Types, Market / Sales Growth Assistance, Operation Manager, Personnel and Human Resources, Revenue Generation, SBA Loans, Start-up Assistance, Technology, Web Marketing Strategy, Website Planning and Development, Other: Exit Strategies How to Make Your Business work for You
- Education: BS/MBA
- Experience: For the last 20 years Duane has been a Small Business Management Instructor for Ridgewater College in Hutchinson and most recently with South Central College in North Mankato. He also has been doing consulting for the Small Business Development Center in Marshall for the last 16 years.
- Business Owner: Fertilizer Plants(20 years), Software Company(13 years), Computer Stores (32 years) , Spice Company,(1 year) Campground (8 years)
- Areas of Consulting: Budgets, Business Accounting, Business and Strategic Plan Assistance, Business Continuity / Disaster Assistance, Cashflow Management Assistance, Compliance, Cost Control, Export Counselor, Filing Taxes, Financial and Capital Access Assistance, International Market / Export Assistance, Inventory Control, Loan Types, Market / Sales Growth Assistance, Personnel and Human Resources, SBA Loans, Start-up Assistance
- Certifications: Export & Trade Counseling Certification Intermediate SBA, Export & Trade Counseling Certification Introductory SBA
- Experience: SBDC Business Consulting Experience: 15 , and Total Consulting Experience: 37
- Areas of Consulting: Accounting
- Education: MBA
- Experience: Her previous experience with Florida SBDC Network was an Assistant Director with the State Office within the University of West Florida. Lois has over 20 years of Financial/Accounting Management
J. Michael Jordan
- Areas of Consulting: Accounting, Budgets, Business and Strategic Plan Assistance, Cashflow Management Assistance, Cost Control, Financial and Capital Access Assistance, Insurance, Loan Types, Market / Sales Growth Assistance, Risk, Start-up Assistance
- Education: BA, Graduate school of banking
- Experience: 39 years in banking indusry holding a variety of management positions at different banks