About the Center
The Florida SBDC at Florida Gulf Coast University provides entrepreneurs with professional business consulting at no cost, management training, and vital information they need to grow and succeed in a complex and competitive global environment.
The FSBDC at FGCU maintains a full-service office in Fort Myers, serving emerging and growth businesses in Lee County. Consulting services and training are also provided at several locations throughout our service territory.
The FSBDC at FGCU is a member of the Florida SBDC Network, a statewide service network funded in part through cooperative agreements with the U.S. SBA, Defense Logistics Agency, State of Florida and other private and public partners; hosted by the University of West Florida; and nationally accredited by the Association of SBDCs.
Featured Area Consultant
- Areas of Consulting: Business and Strategic Plan Assistance, Business Continuity / Disaster Assistance, Market / Sales Growth Assistance, Operation Manager, Personnel and Human Resources, Start-up Assistance
- Education: BA, MS
- Certifications: Mold Damage Restoration, Fire & Smoke Damage Renovation, Lead Base Paint Abatement, Hazwoper, Indoor Air Quality Control, Water Extraction & Drying, Bio Hazard Waste Removal, Chinese Drywall, Crime Scene Clean up (blood borne pathogens)
J. Michael Jordan
- Areas of Consulting: Accounting, Budgets, Business and Strategic Plan Assistance, Cashflow Management Assistance, Cost Control, Financial and Capital Access Assistance, Insurance, Loan Types, Market / Sales Growth Assistance, Risk, Start-up Assistance
- Education: BA, Graduate school of banking
- Experience: 39 years in banking indusry holding a variety of management positions at different banks
- Areas of Consulting: Business Accounting, Business and Strategic Plan Assistance, Cashflow Management Assistance, Filing Taxes, Financial and Capital Access Assistance, Financial Metrics, Insurance, Market/Sales Growth Assistance, Start-up Assistance, Taxes
- Education: MBA
- Experience: Rudi's background includes more than 30 years as a business owner and over 20 years as an instructor of accounting, finance, entrepreneurship, leadership and strategic management. He has executive experience in both for profit and not-for-profit entities and has assisted in the start-up of more than 100 businesses in professions, construction, restaurant and food service, manufacturing and international trade
- Business Owner: •Financial and Management consulting
- Areas of Consulting: Growth Acceleration
- Education: BA from the University of Dayton and her MBA from Lake Erie College
- Business Owner: Haworth Administrative Services, a community projects and non-profit small business service consulting company