About the Center
The Florida SBDC at Florida Gulf Coast University provides entrepreneurs with professional business consulting at no cost, management training, and vital information they need to grow and succeed in a complex and competitive global environment.
The FSBDC at FGCU maintains a full-service office in Fort Myers, serving emerging and growth businesses in Lee County. Consulting services and training are also provided at several locations throughout our service territory.
The FSBDC at FGCU is a member of the Florida SBDC Network, a statewide service network funded in part through cooperative agreements with the U.S. SBA, Defense Logistics Agency, State of Florida and other private and public partners; hosted by the University of West Florida; and nationally accredited by the Association of SBDCs.
Featured Area Consultant
- Areas of Consulting: Business and Strategic Plan Assistance, Business Continuity / Disaster Assistance, Market / Sales Growth Assistance, Operation Manager, Personnel and Human Resources, Start-up Assistance
- Education: BA, MS
- Certifications: Mold Damage Restoration, Fire & Smoke Damage Renovation, Lead Base Paint Abatement, Hazwoper, Indoor Air Quality Control, Water Extraction & Drying, Bio Hazard Waste Removal, Chinese Drywall, Crime Scene Clean up (blood borne pathogens)
Assistant Director and Consultant
- Areas of Consulting: Budgets, Business and Strategic Plans; Cashflow Management; Financial and Capital Access; Financial Metrics; Women and Minority
- Education: MBA
- Certifications: Certified FastTrac Facilitator with the Kauffman Foundation, Certified Business Communicator; Export & Trade Counseling Certification - Introductory & Intermediate SBA
- Areas of Consulting: Business Accounting, Business and Strategic Plan Assistance, Cashflow Management Assistance, Filing Taxes, Financial and Capital Access Assistance, Financial Metrics, Insurance, Market/Sales Growth Assistance, Start-up Assistance, Taxes
- Education: MBA
- Experience: Rudi's background includes more than 30 years as a business owner and over 20 years as an instructor of accounting, finance, entrepreneurship, leadership and strategic management. He has executive experience in both for profit and not-for-profit entities and has assisted in the start-up of more than 100 businesses in professions, construction, restaurant and food service, manufacturing and international trade
- Business Owner: •Financial and Management consulting
- Areas of Consulting: Internet Strategies, Technology / Commercialization Assistance, Web Marketing Strategy, Website Planning and Development
- Education: BS, MS, MCSE
- Business Owner: Information Technology Consulting