About the Center
The Florida SBDC in Fort Myers is the main office of the Florida SBDC at Florida Gulf Coast University (Florida SBDC at FGCU) region serving aspiring and existing small businesses with no-cost consulting, low-cost training, and access to business data and research resources. In addition to its core service offering, the Florida SBDC also offers specialized services to qualifying companies, including capital access, market growth, government contracting, international trade, business continuation, cybersecurity, disaster planning and recovery, and more.
The Florida SBDC at FGCU region serves a five-county area that includes Charlotte, Collier, Glades, Hendry and Lee counties, and maintains several satellite centers in addition to the main office in Fort Myers. Visit www.fsbdcswfl.org to learn more.
The Florida SBDC at FGCU is a member of the Florida SBDC Network, a statewide network of more than 40 offices from Pensacola to Key West to serve the needs of Florida’s business community. Since 1976, our network of partners has helped construct a statewide ecosystem to foster the spirit, support, and success of hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs and innovators.
Designated as “Florida’s principal provider of small business assistance,” the Florida SBDC Network is nationally accredited by the Association of America’s SBDCs and funded in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration, Defense Logistics Agency, State of Florida, and other private and public partners, with the University of West Florida serving as the network’s lead host institution.
How do I get started?
- If you are a new business, visit the New Business section of our website. If you are an existing business, visit the Existing Business section.
- You will be asked to complete an online Request for Consulting application that will be forwarded to the Florida SBDC that serves your area.
- Within three business days, you will be contacted by the Florida SBDC to get started on your path to success.
Please contact the Florida SBDC in Fort Myers at 239.745.3700 or visit www.fsbdcswfl.org.
Featured Area Consultant
Government Contracting Specialist
- Areas of Consulting: Government Contracting / Procurement Assistance, Other: PROCUREMENT TECHNICAL DISCIPLINES: CO Level III-Unlimited Warrant, (Pre-Award, Award and Post Award) Acquisition Policies and Procedures, Simplified Acquisitions, Major Contracts (Systems), Best Value, Cost and Price Analysis, SBIR-STTR, Federal Grants, and DOD Planning, Program and Budget Systems (PPBS) SPECIAL ACQUISITION AREA: Construction, Architect and Engineering, Research and Development, and Supplies and Services
- Education: B.S. in History/Master’s in Business Management and Supervision
- Certifications: National Contract Management Association (NCMA) and a Procurement Specialist for the SBDC
- Areas of Consulting: Global Sales & Marketing Management, International Business Planning & Development, Supply Chain Analysis, Import/Export Operations, Logistics Planning & Management, Foreign Procurement
- Education: BA, Liberal Arts, Southeastern Louisiana University
- Certifications: NASBITE Certified Global Business Professional, Export & Trade Counseling Certification Intermediate SBA, Export & Trade Counseling Certification Introductory SBA
- Areas of Consulting: Accounting
- Education: MBA
- Experience: Her previous experience with Florida SBDC Network was an Assistant Director with the State Office within the University of West Florida. Lois has over 20 years of Financial/Accounting Management
Assistant Director and Consultant
- Areas of Consulting: Budgets, Business and Strategic Plans; Cashflow Management; Financial and Capital Access; Financial Metrics; Women and Minority
- Education: MBA
- Certifications: Certified FastTrac Facilitator with the Kauffman Foundation, Certified Business Communicator; Export & Trade Counseling Certification - Introductory & Intermediate SBA