About the Center
The Florida SBDC in Fort Pierce is the main office of the Florida SBDC at Indian River State College (Florida SBDC at IRSC) region serving aspiring and existing small businesses with no-cost consulting, low-cost training, and access to business data and research resources. In addition to its core service offering, the Florida SBDC also offers specialized services to qualifying companies, including capital access, market growth, government contracting, international trade, business continuation, cybersecurity, disaster planning and recovery, and more.
The Florida SBDC at IRSC region serves a four-county area that includes Indian River, St. Lucie, Okeechobee and Martin counties, and maintains several satellite centers in addition to the main office in Fort Pierce. Visit www.irscbiz.com to learn more.
The Florida SBDC at IRSC is a member of the Florida SBDC Network, a statewide network of more than 40 offices from Pensacola to Key West to serve the needs of Florida’s business community. Since 1976, our network of partners has helped construct a statewide ecosystem to foster the spirit, support, and success of hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs and innovators.
Designated as “Florida’s principal provider of small business assistance,” the Florida SBDC Network is nationally accredited by the Association of America’s SBDCs and funded in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration, Defense Logistics Agency, State of Florida, and other private and public partners, with the University of West Florida serving as the network’s lead host institution.
How do I get started?
- If you are a new business, visit the New Business section of our website. If you are an existing business, visit the Existing Business section.
- You will be asked to complete an online Request for Consulting application that will be forwarded to the Florida SBDC that serves your area.
- Within three business days, you will be contacted by the Florida SBDC to get started on your path to success.
Please contact the Florida SBDC in Fort Pierce at 772.462.7296 or 888.283.1177 or visit www.irscbiz.com.
Featured Area Consultant
Government Contracting Specialist
- Areas of Consulting: Government Contracting, Inventory Control, Service Contracts, Grant Administration, Continuity of Operations
- Education: BS
- Business Owner: •Scuba Instructor/Training Consultant (years in business: 11)
Consultant and International Trade Specialist
- Areas of Consulting: Business and Strategic Planning, Business Valuation, Cost Control, International Market / Exporting, Inventory Control, Market / Sales Growth, Revenue Generation, Women and Minority
- Education: MBA, Entrepreneurship & Marketing, Columbia University; BA, Linguistics, French, Spanish, Swarthmore College
- Business Owner: Tech Accessories Design and Travel Bags
- Areas of Consulting: Business and Strategic Plan Assistance, Business Valuation, Cashflow Management Assistance, Inventory Control, Market / Sales Growth Assistance, Revenue Generation, Start-up Assistance
- Education: BS/MBA
- Business Owner: Ford Ag & Industrial Equipment Dealer/Owner Boomers' BBQ (years in business: 25)
- Areas of Consulting: Budgets, Business Accounting, Business and Strategic Plan Assistance, Business Response & Recovery Team, Business Valuation, Cashflow Management Assistance, Financial and Capital Access Assistance, Financial Metrics, Growth Acceleration, Insurance, Internet Strategies, Loan Types, Market / Sales Growth Assistance, Revenue Generation, Risk, SBA Loans, Start-up Assistance, Technology / Commercialization Assistance, Web Marketing Strategy, Website Planning and Development, Other: Marketing, Business planning, venture development, venture and marketing launch, sales management and sales training, venture investment capital search and negotiation
- Education: MBA in Marketing
- Buisness Owner: Telecommunications Services and Consulting