About the Center
The Florida SBDC at the University of North Florida provides entrepreneurs with professional business consulting at no cost, management training, and vital information they need to grow and succeed in a complex and competitive global environment.
The FSBDC at UNF maintains a full-service office in Ocala, serving emerging and growth businesses in Alachua, Bradford, Citrus, Dixie, Gilchrist, Levy, and Marion Counties. Consulting services and training are also provided at several locations throughout our service territory.
The FSBDC at UNF is a member of the Florida SBDC Network, a statewide service network funded in part through cooperative agreements with the U.S. SBA, Defense Logistics Agency, State of Florida and other private and public partners; hosted by the University of West Florida; and nationally accredited by the Association of SBDCs.
Featured Area Consultant
Assistant Area Director/Consultant
- Areas of Consulting: Business and Strategic Plan Assistance, Cashflow Management Assistance, Financial and Capital Access Assistance, Financial Metrics, Government Contracting / Procurement Assistance, Loan Types, Market / Sales Growth Assistance, SBA Loans, Start-up Assistance, Other: Financial Analysis, Benchmarking, Trend Analysis
- Education: MBA
- Certification: NASBITE Certified Global Business Professional
- Areas of Consulting: Strategic and Business Planning; Marketing Strategy and Planning; Financial Analysis and Management; Operations and Project Management; Sales and Marketing; Media Management and Production
- Education: BA, Communications/Media; BS, Computer Engineering Technology
- Experience: 15 years of Experience in Business Ownership and Management
Dr. Phillip Geist
Area Director and Consultant
- Areas of Consulting: Business and Strategic Planning, Business Continuity / Disaster, Business Valuation, Cash flow Management, Engineering Research and Development, Financial and Capital Access, Growth Acceleration, Market / Sales Growth, Operation Manager, Revenue Generation, Risk, Start-up, Technology
- Education: EdD; MBA
- Certifications: Business Continuity Professional; NASBITE Certified Global Business Professional