About the Center
The Florida SBDC in Orlando is the main office of the Florida SBDC at the University of Central Florida (Florida SBDC at UCF) region serving aspiring and existing small businesses with no-cost consulting, low-cost training, and access to business data and research resources. In addition to its core service offering, the Florida SBDC also offers specialized services to qualifying companies, including capital access, market growth, government contracting, international trade, business continuation, cybersecurity, disaster planning and recovery, and more.
The Florida SBDC at UCF region serves an eight-county area that includes Brevard, Flagler, Lake, Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Sumter, and Volusia counties, and maintains several satellite centers in addition to the main office in Orlando. Visit sbdcorlando.com to learn more.
The Florida SBDC at UCF is a member of the Florida SBDC Network, a statewide network of more than 40 offices from Pensacola to Key West to serve the needs of Florida’s business community. Since 1976, our network of partners has helped construct a statewide ecosystem to foster the spirit, support, and success of hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs and innovators.
Designated as “Florida’s principal provider of small business assistance,” the Florida SBDC Network is nationally accredited by the Association of America’s SBDCs and funded in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration, Defense Logistics Agency, State of Florida, and other private and public partners, with the University of West Florida serving as the network’s lead host institution.
How do I get started?
- If you are a new business, visit the New Business section of our website. If you are an existing business, visit the Existing Business section.
- You will be asked to complete an online Request for Consulting application that will be forwarded to the Florida SBDC that serves your area.
- Within three business days, you will be contacted by the Florida SBDC to get started on your path to success.
Please contact the Florida SBDC in Orlando at 407.420.4850 or visit sbdcorlando.com.
Featured Area Consultant
Associate Director/Consultant/GA Consultant
- Areas of Consulting: Accounting, Budgets, Business and Strategic Plan Assistance, Business Valuation, Cashflow Management Assistance, Cost Control, Financial and Capital Access Assistance, Financial Metrics, Growth Acceleration, Loan Types, SBA Loans, Start-up Assistance, Women and Minority
- Education: BA/BS, MBA
- Business Owner: Accounting-25+
- Areas of Consulting: Accounting, Budgets, Business and Strategic Plan Assistance, Cashflow Management Assistance, Export & Trade Counseling Certification Introductory SBA, Financial and Capital Access Assistance, Financial Metrics, Growth Acceleration, International Market / Export Assistance, Market / Sales Growth Assistance, Professional
- Education: BA, MBA
- Certifications: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Global Business Professional CGBP, and NASBITE Certified Global Business Professional
Government Contracting Specialist and Manager
- Areas of Consulting: Government Contracting; Business and Strategic Plans; Business Valuation; Growth Acceleration; Market and Sales Growth; Operation Manager; Human Resources; Revenue Generation; Budgets; Start-up
- Education: M.B.A., Finance, University of Pittsburgh; B.S.B.A., Duquesne University
- Experience: Steve's professional experience includes executive management, sales, marketing, human resources, strategic planning, merger integration, career coaching, leadership development training, non proft management, and business coaching.
- Areas of Consulting: Accounting, Budgets, Business and Strategic Plan Assistance, Business Valuation, Cashflow Management Assistance, Cost Control, Filing Taxes, Financial and Capital Access Assistance, Financial Metrics, Loan Types, SBA Loans, Taxes, Technology / Commercialization Assistance
- Education: BA/BS, MS,MA
- Experience: Been with the SBDC for 14 years. During her tenure, her assistance to SBDC clients has resulted in a substantial economic impact for many small businesses, including total capital formation of over $43 million. She has consulted over 1600 businesses and taught more than 130 workshops