About the Center
Based in the UWF College of Business, the Florida SBDC in Downtown Pensacola at the Greater Pensacola Chamber is a satellite center of the Florida SBDC at the University of West Florida (Florida SBDC at UWF) region serving aspiring and existing small businesses in Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties with no-cost consulting, low-cost training, and access to business data and research resources. In addition to its core service offering, the Florida SBDC also offers specialized services to qualifying companies, including capital access, market growth, government contracting, international trade, business continuation, cybersecurity, disaster planning and recovery, and more.
The Florida SBDC at UWF region serves a ten-county area that includes Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa, Walton, Bay, Calhoun, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson, and Washington counties, and maintains several satellite centers in addition to the main office in Pensacola on the UWF campus. Visit www.sbdc.uwf.edu to learn more.
The Florida SBDC at UWF is a member of the Florida SBDC Network, a statewide network of more than 40 offices from Pensacola to Key West to serve the needs of Florida’s business community. Since 1976, our network of partners has helped construct a statewide ecosystem to foster the spirit, support, and success of hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs and innovators.
Designated as “Florida’s principal provider of small business assistance,” the Florida SBDC Network is nationally accredited by the Association of America’s SBDCs and funded in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration, Defense Logistics Agency, State of Florida, and other private and public partners, with the University of West Florida serving as the network’s lead host institution.
How do I get started?
- If you are a new business, visit the New Business section of our website. If you are an existing business, visit the Existing Business section.
- You will be asked to complete an online Request for Consulting application that will be forwarded to the Florida SBDC that serves your area.
- Within three business days, you will be contacted by the Florida SBDC to get started on your path to success.
Please contact the Florida SBDC in Downtown Pensacola at 850.912.4434 or 850.912.4435 or visit www.sbdc.uwf.edu.
Featured Area Consultant
Consultant and Manager of Special Group Emphasis
- Areas of Consulting: Business and Strategic Plans; Loan Types including SBA; Market and Sales Growth; Start-up; and Women and Minority Assistance
- Education: MBA, University of West Florida; BS, Computer Information Systems, Florida A&M University
- Experience: 20 Years of Small Business Consulting
- Areas of Consulting: Business and Strategic Planning, Cash Flow Management, Financial and Capital Access, Market / Sales Growth, Start-up
- Education: MBA, University of West Florida; BSBA, UWF
- Experience: His previous work experience includes an internship with Kohl's Department Store where he worked on a project to increase the number of surveys customers participated in at two district store. He has held various graduate assistantships at the College of Business Dean's Office and the College of Business Advising Center at the University of West Florida.
- Certifications: NDC Certified Economic Development Financial Professional