About the Center
The Florida SBDC in Tallahassee is the main office of the Florida SBDC at Florida A&M University (Florida SBDC at FAMU) region serving aspiring and existing small businesses with no-cost consulting, low-cost training, and access to business data and research resources. In addition to its core service offering, the Florida SBDC also offers specialized services to qualifying companies, including capital access, market growth, government contracting, international trade, business continuation, cybersecurity, disaster planning and recovery, and more.
The Florida SBDC at FAMU region serves an eight-county area that includes Franklin, Gadsden, Jefferson, Leon, Liberty, Madison, Taylor, and Wakulla counties, and maintains the Gretna satellite center in addition to the main office in Tallahassee. Visit www.sbdcfamu.org to learn more.
The Florida SBDC at FAMU is a member of the Florida SBDC Network, a statewide network of more than 40 offices from Pensacola to Key West to serve the needs of Florida’s business community. Since 1976, our network of partners has helped construct a statewide ecosystem to foster the spirit, support, and success of hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs and innovators.
Designated as “Florida’s principal provider of small business assistance,” the Florida SBDC Network is nationally accredited by the Association of America’s SBDCs and funded in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration, Defense Logistics Agency, State of Florida, and other private and public partners, with the University of West Florida serving as the network’s lead host institution.
How do I get started?
- If you are a new business, visit the New Business section of our website. If you are an existing business, visit the Existing Business section.
- You will be asked to complete an online Request for Consulting application that will be forwarded to the Florida SBDC that serves your area.
- Within three business days, you will be contacted by the Florida SBDC to get started on your path to success.
Please contact the Florida SBDC in Tallahassee at 850.599.3407 or visit www.sbdcfamu.org.
Featured Area Consultant
- Areas of Consulting: Business and Strategic Plan Assistance, Financial and Capital Access Assistance, Financial Metrics, Government Contracting / Procurement Assistance, Growth Acceleration, Loan Types, SBA Loans, Start-up Assistance, Women and Minority
- Education: BA
- Experience: He structured and managed Single Family Mortgage Revenue Bond Programs with an average annual portfolio in excess of $180 million. In addition, he coordinated training and marketing activities among a network of more than 60 lenders and builders throughout Florida, administered the HUD HOME Homeownership Program which provided over $8 million in direct loans to developers of affordable housing, managed down payment and purchase assistance programs with a $15 million annual budget, and directed HUD sponsored counseling and outreach programs implemented in major Florida cities.