Determine the potential of your idea
Thinking about starting a business? The Florida SBDC Network can help organize your thoughts and vision into a viable plan. How do you begin to transform your idea into a reality? Consider the following as you begin mapping your idea:
1. The Idea
- What is your idea?
- What product or service will you offer?
- Will you build your business from scratch, or do you plan on buying an existing business?
2. Is It Feasible?
- Do you have the skills and expertise needed to be successful?
- How much money will it take to start?
- What are your plans for financing the business?
- What are your own strengths and weaknesses?
Who’s Your Market?
- What is your market?
- Who is your competition and what are their strengths and weaknesses?
- What is your competitive advantage?