Government Contracting Services
Our Government Contracting consulting, training, and information services are available at no cost to Florida businesses, large or small, that possess the interest and potential to perform work — as a prime contractor or a subcontractor — for federal, state or local government agencies.
Our Government Contracting Specialists provide high-value confidential one-on-one consulting, at no cost, to help Florida businesses research and bid on government contracts. Our consultants are knowledgeable, experienced and eager to assist you in making selling to the government less complicated and more profitable.
One-on-one confidential consulting services
- Determine suitability for government contracting
- Understanding the language and basics of contracting
- Secure necessary federal, state, and local government registrations
- Assistance in applying for small business programs including agency certified programs (SDVOSB, 8(a), HUBZone) and self-certifying programs (SDB, EDWOSB, MBE), and more
- Research procurement histories and forecasts
- Connect with government buyers and prime contractors
- Identify proposal and bid opportunities
- Customized profile on automated bid match service
- Review solicitations, proposal documents, and make recommendations
- Assistance with contract performance requirements
- Assistance with contract audits
- Assistance with post-award contract administration requirements
To schedule an appointment, contact a Government Contracting Specialist near you.
Watch this video to hear first-hand about the power and value of the Florida SBDC Network as a resource for local Florida communities. Tom Kindred, host of Start-Up Talk and regional director of the Florida SBDC at IRSC interviewed Scotty Wilson, Florida SBDC Network government contracting specialist and Corey Clive, president of Venergy Group, Florida SBDC Network client.
Workshops & Networking Events
Government Contracting Specialists strive to bring the most relevant and informative workshops and training opportunities to help navigate the government procurement process and identify the critical steps in winning government contracts. Our classes cover a wide range of government contracting topics at the federal, state, and local government levels, and are taught by industry experts who have many years of government contracting experience. Nominal fees may apply for some workshops and events.
In addition, we sponsor government contracting and matchmaker events to connect business owners with agency buying officers and prime contractors.
- Introduction to Government Contracting
- General Services Administration (GSA) Schedules
- Small Business Registrations (8(a), Veteran-Owned, Woman-Owned, HubZone)
- Proposal and Bid Writing Tips and Techniques
- Marketing to the Government
- Finding Government Contracting Opportunities
- and many others
We offer hundreds of events and workshops throughout the year. Check your nearest Center for more information.
Information & Resources
Florida Government Contracting Specialists help you find information related to government contracts, including federal and military specifications and standards, commercial and data item descriptions, and agency procurement histories and forecasts.
Access to valuable information, at no cost
- Federal, state, and local government agency registration and certification documents
- System for Award Management (SAM) support
- My Florida Marketplace registration
- Marketing to government agency resources
- Government agency procurement histories and forecasts
- Statistical business information
- Competitive and market assessment information
- Federal, state and local acquisition regulations
- Requests for proposals, solicitations, and bid documents
Start finding resources and answers by visiting our Frequently Asked Questions.