Careers with the Florida SBDC Network
At the Florida SBDC Network, we are committed to building a team of professionals who are passionate about our mission to help small businesses in Florida launch, grow and thrive. If you are passionate about helping others and want to make a difference in communities throughout our state, we invite you to explore current job openings with us.
Explore Florida SBDC Network opportunities
Florida SBDC at FIU - Market Growth Business Specialist
The Florida Small Business Development Center (FSBDC) at FIU, a partnership between the Florida SBDC Network and Florida International University, offers at no cost a team of business consultants who work with entrepreneurs and business owners to help them grow and succeed. SBDC at FIU also organizes workshops, seminars, networking events and other educational, instructional and development opportunities for entrepreneurs and business owners in the region. The Market Growth Specialist will provide business advice and assistance to Monroe County entrepreneurs and businesses in order to help them start and grow. The advisor will meet with business owners and managers, entrepreneurs and pre venture individuals to provide advice on starting a business, business development, market growth and government contracting as well as other areas of business advisory services
- Provide one-on-one advice and instruction to entrepreneurs and business owners as it relates to market and sales growth.
- Develop and critique marketing, business and strategic plans.
- Identify and assess government contracting opportunities, including with municipal and County governments.
- Provide startup assistance to entrepreneurs looking to start a new venture.
- Contributes to business-knowledge creation and dissemination by communicating with peers and participating in network activities.
- Develop instructional materials and present instructional programs as appropriate.
- Develop a resource network in Monroe County to be used in providing referrals to appropriate resources and to receive referrals in for business assistance services.
- Develop relationships with stakeholders in Monroe County including, but not limited to, the U.S. Small Business Administration, Monroe County government, banks, chambers of commerce, economic development organizations, trade groups, educational institutions, and legislators.
- Engage in research that directly assists entrepreneurs and business owners.
- Manage client portfolio by applying strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Apply proficient computer skills to enter data regarding client interaction on the same week the interaction takes place; ensuring the advisor's client information in the center's CRM system is always up to date.
For more information and to apply please visit http://careers.fiu.edu/ and search Job ID 530637.
Florida APEX Accelerator - Program Manager
Develop, expand, and continuously improve the performance of The Florida APEX Accelerator program.
Manage the day to day operations of the FL APEX Accelerator program to include oversight of key statewide positions that bolsters the statewide network and mission of the APEX Accelerator brand.
Lead a team of generalist consultants in collaboration with host institution leadership to identify and assist Florida companies participating in the Defense Industrial Base (DIB) and Government Industrial Base (GIB).
Make recommendations to senior leadership on changes, improvements, and future hosts for the program.
Participate and make significant contributions to the state–wide Professional Development Conference, and Small Business Success Summit to include but not limited to reverse trade shows, pitch competitions, and mash-up opportunities for Florida small businesses to have unique opportunities to succeed in government opportunities.
Works with the APEX communications team to create messaging and branding to elevate the network and educate the Florida small business community on services, events, and programs.
Facilitates partnerships to develop a network to support the key performance goals of the national APEX Accelerators program.
Coordinates with the Entrepreneurial Nexus program manager for common goal achievement across multiple networks.
For more information and to apply please visit https://uwf.edu/offices/human-resources/careers/ and search position number 127260.