Florida Department of Health – Florida Department of Health Covid-19
Information and guidance regarding COVID-19 in Florida.
For questions related to COVID-19 in Florida, individuals and businesses can contact the Florida Department of Health dedicated COVID-19 Call Center by calling (866) 779-6121. The Call Center is available 24 hours a day. Inquiries may also be emailed to COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org.
FloridaDisaster.Biz – FloridaDisaster.Biz
Information regarding business preparedness, recovery, online training, links, and news. When activated, houses the Florida Business Damage Assessment.
During an activation of the State Emergency Operations Center (SEOC), the Florida Private Sector Hotline will be activated.
Florida Private Sector Hotline: 850-815-4925
For information about Emergency Support Function 18 (Business, Industry and Economic Stability) and Florida’s Public-Private Partnerships, please email ESF18@em.myflorida.com
Florida Chamber of Commerce – Florida Chamber Follow Facts, Not Fear
The Florida Chamber is the official state chapter of the National Safety Council. This webpage includes important links from Governor DeSantis’ office, the Emergency Operations Center, Centers for Disease Control, Florida Department of Health and our partners at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and it will be updated regularly.
Federal Resources for Small Businesses – The official federal resource website for U.S. small businesses affected by COVID-19 (Coronavirus). View relevant federal agency resources, access the latest news, and search for a small business consultant near you. This website is brought to you by the Amercia’s SBDC Network in partnership with the Association of Women’s Business Centers, funded through a grant from the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Center for Disease Control (CDC) – Center for Disease Control Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
Provides detailed planning considerations and recommended strategies for employers to use now.
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) – U.S. Small Business Administration Emergency Preparedness and Disaster Assistance
These resources can help small businesses develop a plan to protect their employees, lessen the financial impact of disasters, and re-open for business quickly to support the economic recovery of the community.
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) – FEMA.gov News Releases
FEMA Mobile App – Receive severe weather alerts, driving directions to disaster recovery centers, save a custom list RE emergency kit and meeting spot, tips to stay safe for over 20 types of hazards.
U.S. Chamber of Commerce – U.S. Chamber of Commerce
The U.S. Chamber is working closely with the White House, U.S. government agencies, and foreign government officials to inform and equip businesses with the most important and up-to-date information to ensure we are all adequately prepared to protect Americans at home and abroad. The website provides great resources for all businesses, including small businesses.
Treasure Coast Business Magazine – Special COVID-19 Edition
click to view
PRIVATE SECTOR RESOURCES:
Grow with Google Resources to Manage Your Business Remotely in Time of Uncertainty
Constant Contact Small Business Action Plans
- Downloadable Guides to manage your organization through tough times
Comprehensive and customized business disaster preparedness planning information, materials and training videos
- Business Information Portal: The State of Florida’s official Business Information Portal takes prospective business owners step-by-step through the state’s governmental requirements for almost any business, no matter how big or small.
- CareerSource Florida: Specializes in talent by working directly with Florida employers to align their demand for skilled talent with the needs of Floridians seeking employment and career development opportunities.
- Employ Florida Marketplace: Links all of Florida’s state and local workforce services and resources through the partnership of the Department of Economic Opportunity and Workforce.
- Enterprise Florida, Inc.: Promotes economic development by recruiting new business to the state and working to retain and expand existing industry and business; supporting trade and export development; and supporting small and minority businesses through capital programs.
- Executive Office of the Governor
- Florida Chamber of Commerce: Through research, advocacy, and leadership, the Florida Chamber Foundation, the Florida Chamber of Commerce, and the Florida Chamber Political Operations work together to help make our vision of Florida’s future a reality.
- Florida’s Chief Financial Officer
- Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation: Provides licenses and regulates businesses and professionals in the State of Florida.
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity: Promotes economic opportunities for all Floridians, formulating and implementing successful workforce, community, and economic development policies and strategies.
- Florida Department of State, Division of Corporations: Provides search and access filed information for corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships, general partnerships, trademarks, fictitious name registrations and liens. Images of most filed documents can be downloaded at no charge and to make the filing process easier, most filing forms can also be downloaded.
- FloridaDisaster.biz: Provides businesses, small and large, easy access to critical information before, during and after a disaster. FloridaDisaster biz is a partnership between the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) and the Florida Division of Emergency Management (DEM). Click here to learn more and register your business today.
- Florida Division of Emergency Management: Ensures that Florida is prepared to respond to emergencies, recover from them, and mitigate against their impacts.
- Florida House of Representatives
- Florida Senate
- MyFlorida.com: The Official Portal of the State of Florida.
- Office of Economic and Demographic Research: Forecasts economic and social trends that affect policy making, revenues, and appropriations.
- Online Sunshine: Official Internet Site of the Florida Legislature.
- State Small Business Credit Initiative: Encourages states to establish or strengthen state programs that support lending to small businesses through the allocation of more than $97.6 million by the U.S. Department of Treasury.
- Association of Procurement Technical Assistance Centers: APTAC is a nationwide network of dedicated procurement professionals working to help local businesses compete successfully in the government marketplace.
- Business.USA.gov: Helps small businesses understand legal requirements and locate government services supporting the nation’s small business community.
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation – Small Business Hotline: Encourages bank lending to creditworthy small businesses and provides a Small Business Hotline at 1-855-FDIC-BIZ.
- Internal Revenue Service
- Tax Information for Businesses
- Issue Management Resolution System (IMRS): Facilitates stakeholder issue identification, resolution and feedback. IMRS is intended to capture and resolve.
- Unique or burdensome issues that affect your federal taxes
- General questions about issues such as e-filing or paying your taxes electronically
- Further clarification on existing information
- Do not forward personal information or tax information that applies to your business.
- Send issues or concerns to SLSoutheast@irs.gov.
- The White House
- U.S. Census Bureau
- U.S. Department of Labor
- U.S. House of Representatives
- U.S. Senate
- U.S. Small Business Administration: Aids, counsels, assists, and protects the interests of small business concerns, to preserve free competitive enterprise and to maintain and strengthen the overall economy of our nation.
Other Resources and Information
- BBIF Small Business Loan Fund: Offers new loans to small businesses, primarily in underserved markets, ranging from $5,000-$250,000.
- Florida Virtual Entrepreneur Center: Connects entrepreneurs with business support organizations, programs, and service providers who can support their new or growing business through a free web portal.