About the Center
The Florida SBDC in Jacksonville is the main office of the Florida SBDC at the University of North Florida (Florida SBDC at UNF) region serving aspiring and existing small businesses with no-cost consulting, low-cost training, and access to business data and research resources. In addition to its core service offering, the Florida SBDC also offers specialized services to qualifying companies, including capital access, market growth, government contracting, international trade, business continuation, cybersecurity, disaster planning and recovery, and more.
The Florida SBDC at UNF region serves an eighteen-county area that includes Alachua, Baker, Bradford, Clay, Citrus, Columbia, Dixie, Duval, Gilchrist, Hamilton, Lafayette, Levy, Marion, Nassau, Putnam, St. Johns, Suwannee and Union counties, and maintains several satellite centers in addition to the main office in Jacksonville. Visit www.sbdc.unf.edu to learn more.
The Florida SBDC at UNF is a member of the Florida SBDC Network, a statewide network of more than 40 offices from Pensacola to Key West to serve the needs of Florida’s business community. Since 1976, our network of partners has helped construct a statewide ecosystem to foster the spirit, support, and success of hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs and innovators.
Designated as “Florida’s principal provider of small business assistance,” the Florida SBDC Network is nationally accredited by the Association of America’s SBDCs and funded in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration, Defense Logistics Agency, State of Florida, and other private and public partners, with the University of West Florida serving as the network’s lead host institution.
How do I get started?
- If you are a new business, visit the New Business section of our website. If you are an existing business, visit the Existing Business section.
- You will be asked to complete an online Request for Consulting application that will be forwarded to the Florida SBDC that serves your area.
- Within three business days, you will be contacted by the Florida SBDC to get started on your path to success.
Please contact the Florida SBDC in Jacksonville at 904.620.2476 or visit www.sbdc.unf.edu.
Featured Area Consultant
Area Director/Consultant/GA Consultant
- Areas of Consulting: Budgets, Business and Strategic Plan Assistance, Business Continuity / Disaster Assistance, Business Continuity Professional, Business Valuation, Cashflow Management Assistance, Export & Trade Counseling Certification Intermediate SBA, Export & Trade Counseling Certification Introductory SBA, Export Counselor, Financial and Capital Access Assistance, Growth Acceleration, International Market / Export Assistance, Loan Types, Market / Sales Growth Assistance, Operation Manager, Revenue Generation, Risk, SBA Loans, Start-up Assistance
- Education: MBA
- Certification: NASBITE Certified Global Business Professional Certified Financial Planner, Market analysis, marketing strategy
- Areas of Consulting: Market / Sales Growth Assistance, Start-up Assistance, Women and Minority
- Education: MBA
- Experience: She has served in this capacity since January 2002. Prior to becoming the director, Ms. Donaldson served in a number of capacities in the SBDC since beginning her employment there in November of 1981.
Special Projects Director/Consultant
- Areas of Consulting: Business and Strategic Plan Assistance, Cashflow Management Assistance, Financial and Capital Access Assistance, Internet Strategies, Loan Types, Market / Sales Growth Assistance, SBA Loans, Start-up Assistance, Web Marketing Strategy, Website Planning and Development, Women and Minority, Other: Nonprofits, Nonprofit Startup, Strategic Planning, Grantwriting, Fundraising, Social Media, Market Research, Site Selection, Nonprofit Management, Networking, Blogging
- Education: BS
- Business Owner: Guided Tours-5 years
Consultant/International Trade Specialist
- Areas of Consulting: Budgets, Business Accounting, Business and Strategic Plan Assistance, Business Valuation, Cashflow Management Assistance, Compliance, Filing Taxes, Financial and Capital Access Assistance, Financial Metrics, International Market / Export Assistance, Inventory Control, Loan Type, Market / Sales Growth Assistance, Operation Manager, Personnel and Human Resources, SBA Loans, Start-up Assistance, Women and Minority, Other: nonprofit management, conflict management, overcoming cultural barriers
- Education: MS
- Certification: NASBITE Certified Global Business Professional and Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP)